Eagles had a 22-8 loss against a strong Indians team but it was a game of so many firsts. With Julian and Jack out for the season with injuries and Jake & Hamish injured in the 1st inning, it was a chance for others to try some new positions:
- Harry made his u15 debut as catcher. After he got over the shock that he had heard the coach correctly, he did what the team needed and was courageous behind the plate. He grew in confidence and we now have a new catcher in the rotation.
- Connor made his debut as u15 pitcher. He looked comfortable on the mound and got his 1st strike out in junior league. Connor showed great potential that the coaches will now work with to add a lefty to the pitching rotation.
- Tobey , who is new to Baseball this season, also made his debut as pitcher. Tobey showed good change of pace, had natural movement on the ball and achieved his 1st strikeout.
- Regan, also new to Baseball, moved into 2nd base, had 1 assist and had a huge smile on his face.
- Liam moved to short stop, accepting the challenge of playing his preferred position at this higher level.
- Aran continues to develop as a strong 3rd baseman, showing confidence in the batters box against the u15 pitchers before he races back to Narrabundah to play u13s.
- Jake was only 1 of 2 players to manage a hit and with excellent base running, had 4 stolen bases in the game. He was brave to continue batting after a nasty thumb injury in the 1st inning as we had no bench players.
- George was patient in the batters box, with 1 run, 1 stolen base and 1 put out to his name.
- Hamish made his debut at 1st base, proving to be reliable as always.